Houseboat Renter’s Insurance

Houseboat Renter’s Insurance

At Bridge Bay our goal is to do all we can to see that you and your companions have a safe and carefree vacation. This is why we strongly recommend that you purchase insurance or verify that your own policy covers you in the event of an accident.

Some homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policies extend liability coverage to include incidents occurring during the rental of a houseboat, but many policies do not. Therefore, we encourage you to check with your insurance agent to determine whether or not your liability coverage includes the operation or rental of a houseboat.

If you have rented a houseboat from us before, you may have purchased the Limited Damage Waiver, which offers limited coverage for damage or loss to the houseboat under some circumstances. The Limited Damage Waiver is not insurance, and it does not cover all damage or loss; for example, it does not cover damage or loss caused by negligence, it does not cover any property other than the boat and inventory you rented from Seven Crown Resorts, and it does not include liability coverage for you, your passengers, or any other parties. For a complete list of the terms and conditions of the Limited Damage Waiver, please view our Damage Waiver page.

If you would like the added protection of liability insurance, or you find that your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy does not cover your rental, you may purchase houseboat renter’s insurance from Boater’s Insurance Agency, or the agency of your choice. The Boater’s Insurance Agency policy can be purchased on a daily basis, just like car rental insurance, and includes both bodily injury and property damage coverage.

You may complete an application online at Janice Burgess, a representative of Boater’s Insurance Agency, will be happy to discuss rental coverage with you at 800-344-7488.

Click For More Images